Privacy is your right, and at IGNIFI we take it very seriously. While we’re friendly and approachable, we’re also responsible in our attitude to your privacy and ensuring it isn’t compromised.
The information that follows forms part of our responsibilities under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other privacy legislation as explained below.
We refer in this notice to personal data – this is defined as information concerning any living person that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Who we are
IGNIFI is an independent creative and marketing agency devising and implementing effective communications for the human and animal healthcare industries.
IGNIFI may use the information collected from you to:
- provide quotations
- make telephone contact
- email you marketing information which you have requested or IGNIFI believes may be of interest to you and your business
In you making initial contact, you consent to IGNIFI maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to stop promoting our services to you. IGNIFI also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, IGNIFI will be acting on the instruction of its client(s), and will make every effort to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms you complete (for example to send our brochure), from records of our correspondence, phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IGNIFI may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. IGNIFI may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Any information IGNIFI holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third party information IGNIFI has obtained about you from public sources and its own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
IGNIFI will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing services as outlined above. It does not sell or broker your data.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet IGNIFI’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by IGNIFI and/or its clients
To promote marketing services offered by IGNIFI and/or to market the services and/or products offered by IGNIFI’s existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are giving consent for IGNIFI to process your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us – find our full contact details below.
IGNIFI may on occasions pass your personal information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. IGNIFI requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. IGNIFI does not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us, without your consent. However, IGNIFI may disclose your personal information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. IGNIFI may also enforce its Terms & Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms & Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of IGNIFI, its clients and/or the wider community.
IGNIFI will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while IGNIFI is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you
- right of rectification – you have a right to correct data we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of data about you
- right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- right to object to automated processing, including profiling.
In the event that IGNIFI refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request, IGNIFI can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
- contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- the purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- if the processing is based on the legitimate interests of IGNIFI or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests
- the categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- how long the data will be stored
- details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO)
- whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- the source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- any details of and information on automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
If you wish to make a complaint about how IGNIFI is processing your personal data, you have the right to complain to IGNIFI’s Financial Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
IGNIFI Ltd, attention of the Financial Director
43 West Sunniside, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR1 1BA
Phone +44 (0) 191 423 8000 or email email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK, SK9 5AF
Phone +44 (0) 303 123 1113